Our popular pet therapy program is based on the idea of using trained animals and handlers to achieve specific physical, social, cognitive, and emotional goals with employees. We have dedicated volunteers who regularly bring cats, dogs, and rabbits to a variety of organizations.
Pet Therapy can contribute to the health and well-being of people. These benefits include:
- decreasing stress and reducing blood pressure
- alleviating anxiety, loneliness and depression
- increases employee morale and comradery
AWA’s volunteers and pet therapy animals visit local businesses and corporations. Our dedicated teams bring joy and happiness to their employees. Our pet therapy teams are happy to work with all types of organizations. AWA’s Pet Therapy volunteers do not do in-home visits, and at this time we are unable to visit psychiatric facilities.
We are opening our Pet Therapy program to companies for a fee. Each visit can be no more than 2 hours to allow for travel time for the animal(s)
- For organizations under 50 employees: 1 dog, $250
- For organizations over 50 employees: 2 dogs, $500