Animal Welfare Association is a great place to work! AWA employees become part of a greater mission to make a difference in the lives of thousands of animals.
benefits for full time employees
- Healthcare Insurance
- Vacation and Holidays
- Discounts on Pet Vaccinations and Medications
- The Joy of Helping Homeless Animals Find Homes!
*AWA offers internships to students in the Hopeworks 'N Camden program. These interns help in the adoption center with customer and computer services.
*AWA is a host site for the Community Work Experience Program. CWEP participants both perform community service and learn valuable work skills to increase their employment opportunities.
AWA is currently seeking a full time Volunteer Coordinator. Ideal candidates have 1 to 3 years applicable experience managing staff/volunteers, preferably in a non-profit setting, knowledge of basic computer software required, effective communication and problem solving skills needed.
Purpose: The Volunteer Coordinator coordinates all the elements of volunteering within AWA as well as on behalf of AWA when recruiting volunteers. The role involves assessing the agency’s needs and then supporting those needs through the recruitment, placement, training and retention of volunteers.
Knowledge & Skill Qualifications: This position requires a great deal of skill to coordinate, manage and maintain a variety of areas including the Volgistics volunteer management software and all volunteer records, conducting orientation and training, recruiting volunteers for special events, etc. Skills needed include good organization, time management, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, delegation, forward-planning and strategy (being able to see the bigger picture), communication and keeping people informed, problem solving as well as administrative and financial skills and leadership. The skill set for this position also includes an ability to take and understand direction, excellent writing and effective communications to keep volunteers and staff informed, problem solving, reliability, and a willingness to ask questions and learn.
- Coordinate existing volunteer programs, including, but not limited to: shelter and clinic services, general housekeeping functions, greeters, foster parents, craft creation, humane education, fundraising and development, special events, and outreach events.
- Conduct orientation training for staff and volunteers
- Promote volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Maintain and update computerized database (Volgistics), communication tools, forms and documents for all volunteer activities.
- Maintain accurate records for individual volunteers including affiliations, skills, and training.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls.