We are working to make the adoption process as seamless as possible. In order to help facilitate this please fill out an application for the species of pet you are looking to adopt prior to your appointment. DO NOT list a specific pet as we cannot guarantee that pet will be available at your scheduled appointment time. These applications will be automatically emailed to our adoption desk and easily pulled up on the day of your appointment. The adoption process usually takes at least an hour, so please plan accordingly.
We will review this pet’s medical and behavior history at time of counseling. Please check any additional topics you’d like to discuss:
- Feeding this pet
- Housetraining/Litterbox training
- Grooming/Nail trimming
- Exercise, toys and fun activities
- Puppy/Kitten-proofing your home
- Finding a trainer
- Positive reinforcement training
- Finding a veterinarian
- Introducing this pet to other pets
- Pulling on-leash
- Moving with pets
- Flea/tick prevention (can be purchased at time of adoption)
- Heartworm prevention (can be purchased at time of adoption)
The AWA offers a variety of extra services and opportunities. Please check any that you are interested in learning more about:
- Purchase a collar, leash, ID tag and/or carrier for your new or current pet(s).
- Information about our low-cost vaccination clinic for any current pets.
- Information about volunteering with us.
- Information about our free drop-in behavior consultations.
- Information about or low-cost spay and neuter services, and our other veterinary services.
- Information about fostering with us.
- Information about our upcoming Well Mannered Dog training classes.
- Information about supporting us with financial or in-kind donations.
- Information about our Kids Summer Camp for ages 9 to 12.