AWA endeavors to communicate with donors according to their expressed preferences. AWA will discontinue or change the method used to contact any donor upon that person’s oral or written request directed to AWA (including any professional fundraiser or other agent acting on AWA’s behalf).
AWA will maintain a record of all requests by persons who indicate to AWA (including any professional fundraiser or other agent acting on AWA’s behalf) that they do not wish to be contacted by or on behalf of AWA.
Upon a donor’s (or a donor’s authorized representative’s) request that AWA discontinue further contacts, the donor’s name and address will be promptly modified in AWA’s donor database to ensure that no further contact is made with the person. AWA will also take steps to ensure that no further contact is made with the donor and that the donor’s name is removed from any external databases or records under the control of AWA.
Based on the donor’s preferences, AWA may use the contact information (e-mail, telephone number and address) of donors for the following purposes:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their donation
- Inform donors about news, upcoming fundraising events and other activities of AWA
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant U.S. and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
- Contact donors about changes to this policy