ANIMAL WELFARE ASSOCIATION IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
BENEFITS FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES
FEATURED OPEN POSITION
FULL-TIME OR PART-TIME ANIMAL CARE ATTENDANT
The Animal Welfare Association is seeking a dedicated, responsible individual with knowledge of animal health, behavior, handling and husbandry to join our growing team in our beautiful new Shelter/Adoption & Education Center! Must be willing to work as part of a collaborative team to properly maintain kennels with thorough cleaning and sanitization protocols. Monitor animals daily and alert medical staff upon signs of illness or injury. Update animal records with accurate information. Provide environmental enrichment for animals as needed. Participate in pet adoption meets. Ability to provide exemplary customer service to adopters and visitors. Must be 18 years of age and able to work weekends.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Animal Behavior Assistant
The Animal Behavior Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the training, enrichment, and volunteer programs for Shelter animals at AWA. The Behavior Assistant must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with the Behavior Coordinator and other staff members to best meet the needs of the animals in our care. The Behavior Assistant must be proficient in the knowledge of animal behavior and animal care.
Qualified candidates must exhibit initiative, a desire to enhance their animal behavior knowledge base, work a flexible schedule, possess good written and oral communication skills, and provide exemplary customer service.
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
In accordance with CDC and NJ state guidelines, masks are optional on AWA properties. Cleaning protocols are in place and social distancing and limited cross-departmental interaction is practiced to the extent possible.
Work Location: One location
Website & Digital Communications Coordinator
Please send resume with cover letter including pay-rate requirements to: AnnW@awanj.org
Objective: Communicate AWA brand, services, and mission primarily through online platforms, including but not limited to website development, email communication, and social media to elevate the organization’s public profile and to generate revenue for the charity’s programs.
• Follow the annual marketing and communication plans to track timelines for communications and work with others to ensure deadlines are met
• Participate in the strategic planning process for AWA’s marketing and communications activities
Online Media Production
• Responsible for content updates and changes, including but not limited to:
o Update pages to match campaigns and appeals
Create, test, and manage registration form/pages, donation forms/pages, directories, etc.
o Perform weekly website updates on the following to verify accuracy/functionality:
o Event Calendar
o Monthly/weekly specials
o Links to related external URLs; social media site buttons, sponsor links, Clinic scheduler, and PetPoint posting
o Update with relevant AWA news stories and press releases
o Check that all online giving modules/pages are operational
• Look for opportunities to link back to the AWA site with our sponsors or with websites in our community
• Responsible for naming pages, tagging photos, and periodically updating text to refresh website rankings with Google
• Make recommendations for improvements to the website
• Ensure functionality of AWA’s website integrated third-party applications/solutions
• Administer AWA’s “virtual shelter” page
• Administer AWA’s Retail Shop page
E-communications & Marketing
• Develop and implement online fundraising appeals and online marketing pieces
o Create & coordinate e-appeals and social media posts with external direct mail appeals
o Manage online event-driven ancillary landing pages (Paws & Feet, auctions, ticket sales, etc.)
o Create Salesforce campaign/appeal codes to track gifts or fees made in response to electronic asks
o Work with Development team and supervisor to understand AWA’s audiences to improve engagement
o Draft and deploy weekly e-blasts to AWA constituencies
Work with Development Team and staff across the organization to ensure data silos (Clinic, Adoption, Volunteers) contacts are included in communications
o Create blog and evaluate content
o Craft and employ online surveys
• Supervise AWA’s social media platforms and related integration/scheduling functions
o Add users, oversee interns, and work with volunteers on social media posts
• Create posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
• Work with the Development Team to create and implement AWA’s social media calendar and guidelines
• Stay up to date on social media trends and tools that may support AWA’s communications goals
Print Media Production & Advertising • Assist in the creative design of and draft copy for promotional materials related to Development activities and major Shelter/Clinic promotions. This can include but is not limited to brochures, event postcards, lawn signs, banners, invitations, etc.
• Draft press releases, as needed.
• Work with staff and volunteers to achieve good mission-related stories
Analytics & Outcome
• Track, review, and report email campaign results; make recommendations for improvements
• Track and report performance of social media marketing/posts
• Track AWA’s website ranking using Google analytics or similar application
o Review results and implement new approaches to enhance online donations
• Address/solve problems and issues related to CRM and integrated product functionality (Salesforce, Classy, Soapbox Engage)
• Work with the Database and Donor Relations Administrator and other Team members to create codes in Salesforce to track online fundraising results
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Attend appropriate events in support of AWA’s work
• Support Development Team members as needed
• Commitment to the humane treatment of animals
• Professional, tactful demeanor
• Strong data management experience and analytical skills
• Ability to learn a variety of new computer systems quickly
• Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures and safety standards
• Quickly learn and adapt to changes in policies, procedures, and safety standards
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and the ability to prioritize workload
• Effective teamwork capabilities; self-motivated
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Web Design, or Marketing required
• 2-3 years of professional experience with progressive responsibility
• Experience with Classy/Sphere, Predictive Response/Constant Contact/NetCommunities, and Salesforce Nonprofit, or Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software
• Experience in project/production management required
• Knowledgeable of current social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Experience with Photoshop and MS Office applications including Excel
• Experience with Google Analytics or similar tool
• Work performed in a busy, open administrative environment, with minimal exposure to animals and frequent interruptions and distractions. Peanut butter used throughout the facility.
• Long periods of sitting, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, reading, and extensive computer work
• Varying shifts, weekdays and weekends, and some holiday work may be required
• Overtime work as necessary
PET CLINIC MANAGER
Full-time/Exempt position; Benefits-eligible
Reports to Executive Director
Send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: AnnW@awanj.org
Objective: The Pet Clinic Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day supervision and operation of the Pet Clinic. Ensures that quality animal and client care service is provided in accordance with the organization’s mission, goals, and management philosophy. Is responsible for Clinic staff management, including hiring, training, and reviewing employee performance. Is responsible for all tracking of daily income generation and reports. Must understand the fundamental ideas and principles of animal medical welfare and be guided by these in daily decision making. Ensures a welcoming, safe, friendly, efficient, and quality client/pet experience.
- Oversees Clinic records and database systems to include management of data entry, accuracy, reporting, and validity. Produces written reports to understand how things are running at the Clinic.
- Accountable for animal outcomes and tracking of surgery complications
- Accountable for client care issues and professional and timely resolutions
- Maintains awareness of programs being developed in other shelter/animal welfare organizations and their successes or failures
- Provide oversight of Clinic staff (10-15 full and part time), including hiring, training, scheduling, payroll, performance evaluation, discipline, and dismissal
- Facilitates and is accountable for Clinic hiring, new employee orientation, and training
- Implement a comprehensive training program and verify employees are trained safely and effectively to perform their duties
- Address performance issues in a timely manner to correct deficiencies by coaching to grow staff’s skills and to increase “team depth”
- Monitors programs, services, and working environment to maintain OSHA regulations and requirements
- Ensures adequate staffing levels through efficient scheduling. Keeps staff updated on changes and future plans.
- Ensures Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are updated, current, and communicated to staff and volunteers
- Responsible for ongoing, clear communications among the various areas within the Clinic and Shelter to include Manager meetings with supervisors and staff, frequent staff training, and informational meetings
- Identifies needed volunteer positions and works with Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator on recruitment
- Accountable for training and oversight of the volunteers when working in the Clinic
Clinic Services and Program Management
- Maintain inventory necessary to run the Clinic to include purchasing of supplies (coordinate for both Shelter and Clinic), inventory maintenance, cataloging and tracking of controlled substances, monitoring and approval of invoices for payment
- Monitor and ensure Veterinarian Technicians are in compliance with standards of care
- Assist in recommending, developing, and monitoring of program budgets and expenditures
- Identify and implement opportunities for improving services and customer service by planning and overseeing special events and projects that further the Clinic’s mission and analyze outcomes.
- Represents organization at community events, seeks advantageous partnerships with community businesses, vendors, and individuals.
- Researches, develops, and updates programs to educate the community about the Clinic services and animal health issues and the activities of the Clinic.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of state and local laws and regulations with regards to veterinary clinic operations
- Demonstrate understanding of pharmaceuticals commonly used in the treatment of animals
- Manages internal Clinic promotion, daily social media feeds, specific pet promotions and advertising
- Develop and implement marketing promotions for the Clinic
- Manages delegated grant activity
- Maintain office and Clinic equipment
- Ensure all services are working and maintained
- Work with Operations staff to plan maintenance and expedite repairs
- Commitment to the humane treatment of animals and the ability to transmit this value to others
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Adhere to all safety policies and participate in quarterly safety meetings
- Provide accurate information and courteous service to the public at all times
- Make a good appearance and have the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude and displays a high level of professionalism with staff
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Willing to participate in meetings with other personnel and share ideas and suggestions designed to improve working conditions and the organization’s ability to meet its objectives
- Able to accept and explain the concepts of prepubescent sterilization, prerelease sterilization of adopted animals and humane euthanasia
- Must recognize or be willing to gain working knowledge of normal and abnormal health and behavioral conditions of the patients, pre- and post-surgery
- Knowledge of the diseases and disorders of animals, spay and neuter and related procedures, and animal handling and restraint
- Must have familiarity with medical terminology and medical knowledge
- Must be able to do mathematics for drug conversions and dosing
- Knowledge of disinfecting procedures; antisepsis and asepsis
- Provide and record accurate information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Problem-solving skills
- High quality customer service skills
- Ability to learn quickly and efficiently
Analytical Skills: The Clinic Manager must be able to collect and research data, synthesize complex or diverse information. Able to design work flows and procedures and use feedback to modify designs. Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
Attendance and Dependability: The Clinic Manager must be depended upon to report to work at the scheduled time, to seldom be absent from work, to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner, and be conscientious about assignments.
Budgetary Skills: The Clinic Manager must be able to assist with establishing an annual budget. Must be able to adhere to approved budgetary guidelines. Must have budgetary skills including creation and monitoring of line items.
Communication: The Clinic Manager must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with supervisors, colleagues, volunteers, and clients. Must be able to effectively communicate in emergent situations. Must have the ability to be tactful and understandable when communicating medical information to clients and be able to communicate empathy to clients and staff. Must maintains appropriate tone when communicating with distraught or angry people.
Customer Service: The Clinic Manager has daily contact with clients, co-workers, supervisors, and volunteers. Must be able to respond promptly and courteously to customer needs. Will respond to requests for service or assistance from supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers. Must be able to handle challenging customer service situations and can identify when a staff member may need help dealing with a client. Displays empathy and understanding when needed. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Interpersonal Skills: The Clinic Manager is responsible for resolving conflicts in an objective manner. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Displays great listening skills and can listen to staff’s concerns without interrupting. Has the ability to keep emotions under control at all times. Remains open to others’ ideas and treats all staff with respect and consideration.
Problem Solving: The Clinic Manager can identify potential problems and resolve them efficiently and in a timely manner. Has the ability to identify alternative solutions for problems if the first is unsuccessful. Must work well in a group or individual problem-solving situations. Displays original thinking and creativity.
Project Management: The Clinic Manager is responsible for developing and carrying out project plans. Can coordinate projects, communicate changes and progress, and be able to complete projects on time and within budget. Can delegate projects and manage team activities.
Strategic Skills: The Clinic Manager will create short- and long-term strategies to achieve area goals. Can identify the organization’s strengths and weaknesses and understands external threats and opportunities. Able to adapt different tactics to changing conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business management. Previous experience can be substituted for lack of degree.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a veterinary clinic setting (preferably in high-volume veterinary clinic) in a management position
- 3-5 years’ experience managing personnel
- Working knowledge of computer systems and veterinary software
- Work performed in a Spay/Neuter clinic
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs. unassisted, and over 50 lbs. with assistance
- Potential exposure to zoonotic diseases, dangerous and fractious animals, high noise levels, wet surfaces, hazardous chemicals, and sharp objects. Peanut Butter is used extensively throughout the facility.
- Work is primarily done at a desk through computer and telephone
- Long periods of computer and telephone work, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and working outdoors in varying weather conditions may be required.
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (PART-TIME / FULL-TIME)
If you want to make a difference in the lives of animals and people, join the AWA team!
The Animal Welfare Association in Voorhees, NJ, a 501(c)3 nonprofit HQHV Spay/Neuter, Pet Wellness Clinic, and Adoption Animal Shelter, is seeking to add enthusiastic, hard-working full-time and part-time veterinary technicians to our organization. The ideal candidates should have at least one year of experience with a veterinary practice or the equivalent. Prior experience in a high volume S/N, and/or in an animal sheltering setting is preferred.
Objective: Assists with all practices and procedures of medical and surgical support, preparation, monitoring and release of animals. Assess and monitor overall health, provide initial and routine medications and vaccines. Determine basic animal information at time of intake and maintain standards and record keeping as directed by the Clinic/Shelter Veterinarian.
Essential Functions: Duties include but are not limited to animal restraint, anesthetic induction, surgical prep and monitoring, vaccinations, catheter placement, blood draws, prepping surgical packs, animal intakes and support during wellness appointments. Candidate must have proper animal handling and good communication skills. The ability and willingness to communication positively and effectively with staff, volunteers, and clients is a must.
- High School graduate required
- Associate’s degree as veterinary technician preferred, but will consider experience as a substitute
- Surgery experience a plus.
- One year experience performing veterinary technician duties including spay/neuter
- Coursework and/or experience in companion animal surgery, preferably spay/neuter
- Working knowledge of computers and medical software
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: NanciK@awanj.org
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
STAFF VETERINARIAN (FULL AND PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
Are you looking to have your weekends and evenings free and make an impact on animals in the community? Then Animal Welfare Association might be a perfect fit! We are a non-profit with over 40 years of providing high quality, high volume spay/neuter surgery in South Jersey. We have a highly trained and professional support staff that follows high quality medical care protocols. We offer competitive salaries, benefit package that includes a yearly stipend for continuing education and license fees. We have part time and full time opportunities for surgery, seeing patients through our wellness exams and even shelter medicine. We are close to the beaches, Philly, NYC and DC.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties: Perform surgical sterilizations of both shelter and owned animals in a high volume, fast paced environment. See clients for wellness appointments, oversee and perform surgical monitoring, the administration of pre-anesthetic and anesthetic drugs and post-surgical monitoring through discharge. Comply with the applicable state and federal laws established by the New Jersey Veterinary Board of Medical Examiners and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
Veterinarian Requirements: A Degree in Veterinary Medicine from an accredited university of medicine. Obtain veterinary license in the state of NJ. Ideal candidate will have two years experience practicing veterinary medicine and experience with high-volume spay/neuter (HQHVSN) surgeries. Experience with high volume spay/neuter is preferred but will provide opportunity for training to develop your skills.
For a full job descriptions for our clinic or shelter veterinarian opportunities or if you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org