AWA’s Educational programming teaches people of all ages to understand and care for animals by fostering compassion, respect, and empathy for all living things through:
- emphasizing the connection between pets and people
- education on animal issues and their societal effect
- teaching the basics of animal safety
- strengthening the human-animal bond
- giving underserved children a chance to feel the unconditional love animals provide
- teaching compassion and kindness to the next generation of animal advocates
- providing fun, effective ways to learn
Want to support our Education programs? Consider donating items from our Wish List!
Love teaching? We’re in search of passionate volunteers, especially retired teachers!
We are always looking for ways to improve upon our services. Please contact us with any suggestions or if you’d like to help.